Understanding: First party vs. third party cookies
In this article, we'll describe what is meant by first and third-party cookies.
What are first-party and third-party cookies?
- Available to the domain that created it
- Supported by all browsers
- Can be blocked or deleted by the user
- Used for login, tracking, target experiences and more
Third-party cookies, on the other hand, are set via code loaded on the publisher’s website or by a third-party server - eg. AdTech vendor
- Accessible on any website that loads third-party server’s code
- Supported by all browsers, many block the creation of third-party cookies by default.
- Users are also able to delete third-party cookies on their own.
We are always here to help so please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or requests!