Setting up HubSpot
Dreamdata needs to connect to your CRM system in order to work properly. This is used to collect data on your customer accounts and link it to the tracking data, thus being able to create attribution to touches in your customer journeys.
- On Dreamdata's main menu, go to "Data Platform" and then select "Sources".
- On the Sources page, scroll down the the CRM subsection and select "HubSpot"
- Click "Enable" (a new tab will open).
- If you haven't selected a CRM system for your Dreamdata account yet, chances are that you might be prompted with the following question "Is HubSpot your Primary CRM?". Select the option that applies for you.
- If you aren't already signed in, sign into your HubSpot account.The account used needs to have Super Admin access or individual access to the data mentioned below (such as the Contacts, Companies and Deals objects)
- Select the account you want to connect to and Click "Choose Account".Note! You need to have permission to connect to third-party integrations within HubSpot
- Connect the Dreamdata App
- You're all set 🔥 It can take up to between 24 – 48 hours before all the historical data available for your plan begins to appear.
Read more about Dreamdata + HubSpot here
How will the data be mapped into Dreamdata?
- Companies: Your companies will be mapped to Companies in Dreamdata. This will enable you to see all of your sales and marketing activities for each company in one place.
- Contacts: Your contacts will be mapped to Contacts in Dreamdata. This will allow you to track the engagement of individual contacts across multiple channels.
- Deals: Your deals will be mapped to Deals in Dreamdata. This will give you a clear picture of your sales pipeline, including the value of each deal and the stage of the sales process it's in.
- Contact Events, Form Submissions, Calls, Meetings, Notes, Tasks, Emails: These objects will be mapped to Events in Dreamdata. These events can then be linked to specific customer journeys and applied with attributions.
Companies, Contacts and Deals are included in all our plans, including the free one! Everything else is only available for paid plans.
What events will be included automatically into Dreamdata?
After your HubSpot data is synced, we create the following 5 type of events and link them to relevant customer journeys automatically.
- When Call status is empty or equals to `COMPLETED` or `QUEUED`
- And Call duration greater or equal to 3 seconds, or Call duration is not set.
- These events will be mapped to 'Calls' Channel and 'Call' Source
- Timestamp of these events are set with Activity date property
- All meetings with Activity date
- These events will be mapped to 'Meetings' Channel and 'Meeting' Source
- When Marketing Email event Type equals to 'CLICK'
- These events will be mapped to 'Emails' Channel and 'Email' Source
- Timestamp of these events are set with Created property
- All form submission events
- Event name is set to be the form name. If form name can not be found, the event name will be 'form_submission'
- Channel and Source of these events are set based on the form URL and your UTM mapping settings on Dreamdata App
- Timestamp of these events are set with submittedAt property
- Taken your from Web Analytics data (only accessible for HubSpot Marketing Enterprise).
- When eventType equals to 'e_visited_page'
- Channel and Source of these events are set based on the page URL and your UTM mapping settings on Dreamdata App
- Timestamp of these events are set with occurredAt property
Can we include more events into customer journeys?
Absolutely! Dreamdata offers flexibility in terms of customising and including more events into customer journeys based on the HubSpot objects mentioned below:
- Contact Lists
To include additional events, you can collaborate with your dedicated customer success manager. They can guide you on the steps to follow and help you add or exclude the events as required. Dreamdata's ability to include custom events based on HubSpot objects enables businesses to capture more granular data and obtain a better understanding of customer behaviour. With this valuable insight, you can optimize your customer journeys and improve your marketing and sales efforts.