Get started with Dreamdata
Google Display Ads
Google Search Ads
Return on Ads Spend
Google Tag Manager
How does Dreamdata track all relevant on-site customer data?
Load analytics.js from your own domain
Pardot iframe form tracking
Server Side Analytics APIs
Setting up Dreamdata Web tracking (analytics.js)
Setting up tracking with Segment
How to invite Sales team members to Dreamdata
Can I exclude content or websites from being tracked?
Some of my deals are flagged with "no-tracking". What does it mean?
Stage models in Dreamdata Free
What does Visitors, Contacts and Companies mean?
What is a Stage Model?
What is a company in Dreamdata?
What is a session?
Why are my dashboards empty?
Content Performance - Dashboard Options
Which channel performs best for different content?
Which content generates pipeline?
Measuring influenced pipeline for B2B content - the true conversion metric
Setup Content Reporting
What KPI to measure the effect of B2B content?
Setting up AdRoll
Setting up Agile CRM
Setting up Bing Ads
Setting up Capterra
Setting up Close
Setting up Facebook Ads
Setting up G2 Crowd
Setting up Google Ads
Setting up Google Search
Setting up Google Sheets
Setting up HubSpot
Setting up Intercom
Setting up LinkedIn Ads
Setting up Marketo
Setting up Microsoft Dynamics
Setting up Pardot
Setting up Pipedrive
Setting up Salesforce
Setting up Twitter Ads
Setting up Zapier integration & Zaps for Lead Gen forms/Lead Ads
Setting up Zendesk Sell
Setting up Zoho CRM
Connect to AWS Redshift using AWS Glue
Connect your Dreamdata data to Amazon Redshift
Connect your Dreamdata data to Snowflake
Getting Started with Google Data Studio Templates
Google Cloud Storage
Google Connected Sheets
Guides for Google Data Studio Reporting
Updated by Steen Voersaa
Real-Time allows you to monitor activity on your site or app as it happens. Real-Time metrics are updated continuously and each hit is reported with a 3-minute delay.
What data is displayed
The type of metrics the dashboard includes are related to users, page views and events.
The Active Users box
The metric Active Users includes all users who have been active on your site during the past 30 minutes. The subgroup of active user for whom the email address is known is shown as Active Contacts. The percent change is calculated by comparing the group of active users/contacts during the past 30 minutes with the same group from 30 to 60 minutes ago.
Page Views & Events box
The metrics Page Views and Events includes all page views and events on your site during the past 30 minutes. The percent change is calculated by comparing the group of page views and events during the past 30 minutes with the same group from 30 to 60 minutes ago.
Page Views bar chart
The page-view bar chart shows the number of page view per minute over the past 30 minutes.
Top page-views performers with Group By
Real-Time allows you to group page-view traffic in the following ways:
- by Url. This is the address of the page on which the activity was triggered.
- by Referrer. This is the address of the previous web page from which a link to the currently requested page was followed.
- by UTM Source. Identifies which site sent the traffic, and is a required parameter (Ex.: utm_source=google).
- by UTM Medium. Identifies what type of link was used (Ex.: utm_medium=cpc).
- by UTM Campaign. Identifies a specific promotion or campaign (Ex.: utm_campaign=marketing_analytics).
- by UTM Term. Identifies search terms (Ex.: revenue+attribution).
Active Contacts table
The active contacts table shows the activities of active contacts during the last 30 minutes. Activities include the number of page views and events completed by each contact.
Top Events table
The Top Events table ranks the events on your site by usage. You can see the number of users of each event and how many of these are contacts.
Ways to use Real-time:
As mentioned, you can use Real-Time to see how many people are on your site right now, which pages or events they're interacting with, and which goal conversions have occurred. Additionally, you can:
- monitor the immediate effects on traffic from a blog/social network post, tweets, or podcast
- monitory/identify active users and contacts on your site
- verify that tracking code is working on your site or app
- monitor whether new or changed content on your site is being viewed
- see whether a one-day promotion is driving traffic to your site or app, and which pages these users are viewing
- understand usage of your app through event tracking