Updated by Jing Lin
To populate your Paid Overview, Cost, ROAS (Return On Ad Spend) and Google Ads dashboards with data, you need to enable the Google Ads integration.
Setting up Google Ads
- On Dreamdata's main menu, click/hover on your name and then select "Integrations".
- On the Integrations page, select "Google Ads" at the top right corner.
- Click "Enable" (a new tab will open).
- Choose an account and sign in.
- Grant dreamdata.io access to manage your Adword campaigns. Click "Allow".
- Make sure relevant accounts are set to "Active" and click "Save".
- You're all set 🔥 It can take up to between 24 – 48 hours before data begins to appear in your Paid Overview, Cost, ROAS (Return On Ad Spend) and Google Ads dashboards.
When running Google Ads, we recommend that you enable auto-tagging in your Google Ads account - It ensures that a gclid parameter is appended to all URLs.
By correlating the gclid value with your Google Ads data, we can associate the click with the right Google Ads campaign, keywords and more.
Fund out more about how to enable auto-tagging here.
If you wish to associate everu Google Ads click with the right campaign, keyword and audience, we recommend the following steps which provide us and you with a richer data set and ensures that you don't have to rely only on the gclid.
- To minimize the problem we recommend adding UTM parameters to your Google Ads URLs. Google has added some dynamic parameters that you can use. Vie them here.
- In the below table you can see the url parameters we highly recommend adding.
The source of the click, typically either google or youtube.
The medium or type of campaign running.
For Google Search Ads it's recommended setting the search keyword using a dynamic parameter.
Setting the campaign_id parameter ensures that Dreamdata can associate the click with the right Google Ads Campaign.
Note: If this URL parameter is not set we also look for the campaign_id in the utm_campaign parameter.
Setting the ad_group_id parameter ensures that Dreamdata can associate the click with the right Google Ad Group.
Setting the ad_id parameter ensures that Dreamdata can associate the click with the right Google Ad/Creative.
If you do Display or Youtube Ads the target ensured Dreamdata can do analytics on your Audiences so you can better understand which audiences generated the most revenue.
Ensures Dreamdata can seperate Search Query and Keyword reporting by Match Type.
Here is the value we recommend adding as your Tracking template: