Get started with Dreamdata
What is Dreamdata? [VIDEO]
Setting Up Dreamdata
How to set up Dreamdata Web tracking (analytics.js) manually
How to set up up Dreamdata web tracking (analytics.js) using Google Tag Manager
How to track forms adding the auto-identify script via Google Tag Manager.
The Onboarding Process
Onboarding process for free customers [VIDEO]
Onboarding for paying customers [VIDEO]
How to invite your colleagues to Dreamdata
Which channel performs best for different content?
Which content influenced the MQLs created in a time period?
Content Performance - Dashboard Options
Which content generates pipeline?
Measuring influenced pipeline for B2B content - the true conversion metric
What KPI to measure the effect of B2B content?
Setup Content Reporting
Content Analytics - Dashboard Options
Return on Ads Spend
Google Search Ads
Google Display Ads
Performance vs. Revenue attribution: A guide on when to use what
Setting up Facebook Ads
Setting up AdRoll
Setting up Twitter Ads
Setting up Bing Ads
Setting up LinkedIn Ads
Setting up Google Ads
Setting up G2
Setting up Capterra
Import fixed cost data using Google Sheet
Importing data not in your CRM (using Google Sheets)
Import cost data using Google Sheet
Setting up Outreach
Setting up Zapier integration & Zaps for Lead Ads
Setting up Google Search
Setting up Intercom
Connect to AWS Redshift using AWS Glue
Connect your Dreamdata data to Snowflake
Connect your Dreamdata data to Amazon Redshift
Guides for Looker Studio Reporting
Getting Started with Looker Studio Templates
Google Connected Sheets
Setting up Data Export to BigQuery of CRM Properties
Company Data Enrichment
Reduce impact from ad-blockers and Apple ITP 2.x
Pardot iframe form tracking
Tracking using Sleeknote or Drift
How to track your emails?
How does Dreamdata track all relevant on-site customer data?
Tracking Hubspot Forms with auto-identify script
Server Side Analytics APIs
URL query parameters
Tracking iframes with auto-identify script
Tracking SPAs (Single Page Applications)
Across domain & device tracking
Advanced Identification of users and companies
Setup Guide: All Salesforce Opportunities entering specific Stage
Setup Guide: Creation of Opportunities/Deals
Setup Guide: Tracked sign-up events
Setup Guide: All Hubspot Deals entering specific Stage
Stage Models - Customization
Branded Search filter
CRM-Based Channel and Source in the Absence of Tracking Activity
Some of my deals are flagged with "Unknown". What does it mean?
Can I exclude content or websites from being tracked?
How are activity mapped to companies?
What does Visitors, Contacts and Companies mean?
What is a session?
Roles and Permissions
What is the reporting Time Zone?
Why are my dashboards empty?
Referral Guide and UTM tracking
Intro Template for your new clients
Ideal Customer Profile
Co-marketing and account mapping
Quick learning videos!
Find the content that generates most pipeline
How to set up content categories on Dreamdata
Do you know how your company is generating money?
How to see the value of B2B Google Ads in pipeline and revenue generated
How Content Analytics tracks the influence of content of pipeline and revenue
How to easily build a retargeting audience with Dreamdata
Are you using G2?
Performance vs. Revenue Analytics reports- when to apply them best!
What attribution really is and why you should care!
Helping BDRs break through to the hottest accounts
Dreamdata Content Analytics: Discover the real value of your content
Do you know which of your Marketing activities had the biggest impact on pipeline and revenue?
Which of your emails produce pipeline and revenue?
See the value of SEO in pipeline and revenue generated
How to cut the cost of your Google Search Ads
Updated by Jing Lin
Why use Google Offline Conversion?
Using Google Ads offline conversion tracking can help you get a better understanding of the impact of your online advertising on offline conversions, which can lead to more effective campaigns and better ROI.
- Better ROI measurement: by combining Google Ads Offline Conversion and automated bid strategies, Google can help you optimize campaigns to generate more conversions at a lower cost. To learn more details, read Use automated bidding with offline conversion imports section here
- Improved campaign targeting: if you find that a particular ad or keyword is driving a lot of offline conversions, you can focus on refining the targeting and messaging with that knowledge for future campaigns.
What permissions are required for us to send data to Google Ads?
To successfully send data to Google Ads through Dreamdata Google Offline Conversion, the person connecting with it needs to have one of the following permissions for your ad account:
Do you have cross-account conversion tracking enabled?
If you use a MCC account to manage conversions across all of your Google ads accounts. You only need to add the offline conversion sync to your MCC accounts.
How to add a sync?
- Go to Dreamdata App Data Platform -> Destinations -> Google Ads Offline Conversions
- Connect your Google Ads account
- Choose an account you want to send conversions to
- Choose a stage that you want to measure as an offline conversion
- Click Save, and you are all set
- It takes up to 24 hours after sync creation for Dreamdata to send data to Google.
- It takes Google up to 24 hours after getting the data from Dreamdata before you will see the offline conversions in Google Ads Platform.
- Dreamdata will sync your conversion data once a day at around 3 AM UTC timezone
What data does Dreamdata send to Google Ads?
Dreamdata only sends recent 90 days stage reached info of a contact to Google Ads, starting from the sync creation date.
After adding the sync, Dreamdata will send the following data to Google Ads:
- Conversion Time
- Conversion Value
- External Attribution Model
- External Attribution Credit
How External Attribution Credit and Value are calculated?
Dreamdata use Linear attribution model for Google Ads Offline Conversion data. The value of a conversion is linearly split among all the Google Ad clicks.
Assume the following customer journey:
For MQL conversion action, we send the following conversions:
External Attribution Credit
External Attribution Model
For SQL conversion action, we send the following conversions
External Attribution Credit
External Attribution Model
- The conversion window for an ad click is set to 90 days (That's why GCLID1 is not sent to Google Ads in the above examples).
- Only data with recent 90 days Conversion Time can be sent to Google Ads.
- Only GCLID generated in recent 90 days can be sent as google offline conversions.
Can conversions be adjusted after being sent to Google Ads?
Google Ads only allow adjustment for conversion value and currency up to 55 days from when the conversion was first sent.
There are two scenarios Dreamdata will adjust the conversions after being sent:
- When the value of a conversion is changed.
Assuming you define one MQL is worth $200. A few days later, you decided one MQL is worth $400. We will adjust the conversion value of all relative conversions accordingly, if the conversions were sent in recent 55 days.
- A new GCLID is identified for a conversion.
Assume we have sent conversions of a MQL to Google Ads. A few days later, you added a new contact in your CRM system that is associated with that MQL. Dreamdata found out this contact clicked your Google Ads campaign, and it happen within 90 days conversion window. Dreamdata will re-distribute the conversion value across all google ad clicks, send this new conversion to Google Ads and adjust the conversions that have been sent to Google in recent 55 days.
How to view conversion actions Dreamdata Created on your Google Ads Platform?
- Go to Google Ads Platform -> Tools and Settings -> Measurement -> Conversions
- If your Google Ads account received offline conversions from Dreamdata, you will see an active green sign in the status column
How to view conversion metrics related to Google Offline Conversions on Google Ads Platform?
- Go to Google Ads Platform Campaigns view
- Select Segment -> Conversions -> Conversion action
- Add following columns:
- All conv. (by conv. time)
- All conv. value (by conv. time)
All conv. value (by conv. time) should be the sum of External Attribution Value
How can I compare the conversions and conversion value between Dreamdata and Google Ads?
You shouldn't expect exact match between All conv. (by conv. time) metric in Google Ads and influenced deals metric in Dreamdata, due to multiple restrictions Google Ads set when uploading the offline conversion data, for example: 55 days adjustment window, 90 days conversion windows, recent 90 days conversions, and recent 90 days clicks etc. However, those conversion data can definitely send a strong signal to your Google Ad campaigns for ROI improvement.